Bali: Mount Batur Sunrise Trek with Breakfast
Hike your way up and stand atop the ancient Mount Batur volcano on a day trip from Bali. Watch the sun come up over the sea and feel the adrenaline kick in as you look down on the expanse of the volcanic valley.
About this activity
- Duration 10 hours
- Instant confirmation
- Instructor English
- Booklets English
- Pick-up included Pick-up at your Bali hotel is provided. Time: Ubud: 02:15; Sanur: 02:00; Kuta: 01:30; Seminyak: 01:30; Canggu: 01:30; Nusa Dua: 01:15; Jimbaran: 01:15.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
- Witness the sunrise over the clouds at Bali’s sacred Mount Batur
- Trek through the jungle under a blanket of stars
- Admire the panoramic view of the three volcanoes of Mt. Agung, Mt. Abang and Mt. Rinjani in Lombok
- See the beauty of Lake Batur from the caldera as you descend down the mountain
- Taste delicious eggs cooked with the steam from the fissures in the volcano
Following pickup from your hotel, head to the Kintamani region to hike your way up Mount Batur. This iconic, extremely-active volcano draws many visitors from around the world with its beauty and promise of adventure. From the starting point, which is located right in the bottom of the mountain, trek for around 2 hours up to the peak.
From the top, you will experience a scenic sunrise view and the green caldera around the volcano. Witness a thick blanket of darkness be replaced by glistening orange and gold rays, bursting from the silhouette of Mount Agung with the glassy untouched sheen of Lake Batur. Your guide will make you delicious eggs cooked with the steam from the volcano.
As your descent begins, you will explore three younger craters while taking in the amazing volcanic landscape. You have an option to visit a coffee plantation site to enjoy a delicious cup of local Luwak coffee before heading back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking trekking guide
- Beverage (tea, coffee, mineral water)
- All entrance fees
- Trekking pole
Not suitable for
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Do not forget to bring sunglasses, sunscreen lotion/cream and wear proper walking/trekking shoes and jackets as the temperature will get cold at the summit
- Pickup area covers Kuta, Legian, Jimbaran, Canggu, Nusa Dua, Seminyak, Sanur, Ubud. Pick up time is approximately 1-1.5 hours prior to starting time. Your local operator will confirm the exact timing with you
- You will be transferred back to your hotel after the tour or else to a different drop off point after the tour so long it’s still in the coverage area
- This activity is not recommended for pregnant women and those with back, heart or other serious medical conditions
- A moderate amount of walking is involved and it is recommended you have a moderate level of fitness
- The minimum suggested age to participate is 18 years old. Children may join the hike given strong level of fitness and physique