Bali: Nature, Art, History and Culture Small Group Tour
Head away from the coast to explore Bali’s ancient arts and traditions on this enlightening full-day tour for up to 5 people. See dances and sculptures, admire breathtaking landscapes, and discover religious bathing rituals with an English-speaking guide.
About this activity
- Duration 8 hours
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide (English)
- Pickup included Pickup is from your accommodation in Bali. Pickup is included from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Krobokan, Canggu, Nusa Dua, and Ubud.
- Supplemental charges apply for pick up from Candidasa (100,000 IDR per person) and from Lovina, Amed, and Tulamben (150,000 IDR per person)
- For group bookings, exact pickup time depends on participants’ respective locations. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
- Catch a performance of the Barong and Keris Dance at Batubulan Village
- Marvel at the greenscapes of the Tegalalang Rice Terraces and Kintamani Geopark
- Witness religious bathing rituals at Tirta Empul Temple, a temple of purification
Find out why Bali is world-renowned for its highly developed arts on this enriching full-day cultural tour for small groups of up to 5 people. Explore one of Asia’s most distinct forces in the realms of architecture, dance, sculpture, painting, leather, metalwork and music.
After pickup from your accommodation, travel inland from the coast to discover Bali’s ancient traditions, which go back as far as the 1st century AD. Begin by watching a performance of the Barong and Keris Dance at Batubulan Village, a revue of local legends accompanied by the enchanting sounds of the Gamelan orchestra.
Next, visit one of Bali’s most colorful hubs: the traditional Balinese Celuk art village, with its unforgettable walls and intricately designed sculptures. After that, admire the unique landscapes of the Tegalalang rice terraces and the Kintamani Geopark, home to some of Bali’s most beautiful mountain villages with spectacular views of the sacred Mount Batur volcano and lake.
Finally, a cultural education in Balinese customs is not complete without witnessing the religious bathing rituals at Tirta Empul Temple, also known as a temple of purification. See the followers of Balinese Hindu tradition come and bathe in the bubbling springs all around the temple. The tour concludes with drop-off back at your accommodation.
- Pick up and drop off in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Krobokan, Canggu, Nusa Dua, and Ubud
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide
What’s Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Swing at Tegalalang (150,000-200,000 IDR, optional)
- Entrance fees
Not suitable for
- Pregnant women
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Pocket money
Know before you go
- This is a small group tour with a maximum of 5 travelers per group
- As you will be visiting religious sites, it is recommended that you wear clothes that cover your knees
- Since entrance fees and meals are not included in this tour, please prepare some cash. The entrance fee for Barong Dance is 100,000 IDR, Tegalalang is 10,000 IDR, Kintamani Geopark 30,000 IDR, Tirta Empul 50,000 IDR, and Goa Gajah 50,000 IDR
- Pickup is included from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Krobokan, Canggu, Nusa Dua, and Ubud. Supplemental charges apply for pick up from Candidasa (100,000 IDR per person) and from Lovina, Amed, and Tulamben (150,000 IDR per person)
- The exact pickup time for your tour depends upon your location. The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time