Mount Ijen Volcanic Crater Overnight Trip from Bali
See the famous blue fires of Mount Ijen on an overnight trip from Bali. Hike through the rainforest of East Java and get the chance to peer into the volcanic crater at night.
About this activity
- Duration 1 day
- Instant confirmation
- Driver (English)
- Pickup included (Pick-up possible from your hotel in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Nusa Dua, Sanur or Ubud. Please contact the local partner to arrange pick up.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
- Look into the volcanic crater of Mount Ijen and see the famous blue fires
- Hike through a rainforest of giant ferns and trees
- Get panoramic views of the sulfur lake and surrounding scenery
- Watch the sunrise over East Java
Benefit from pick-up from your hotel in Bali, and then travel to the westernmost tip to catch the ferry to Java from Gilimanuk. Upon arrival at Ketapang port in Banyuwangi, travel by 4WD vehicle to the village of Licin and drive through a rainforest of giant ferns and trees on the slopes of Mount Ijen.
Ascend to the summit to look into the crater and marvel at the blue fires of the volcano under a canopy of stars. Get a panoramic view of the sulfur lake and surrounding landscape in the first light of day. Then, return to the base of the mountain to enjoy breakfast at a local restaurant before the drive back to the Bali.
- Transportation from Bali to Java
- Boat/ferry fee
- Entrance fees
- Trekking guide
- Gas mask
- Local breakfast
What’s Not Included
- Lunch and dinner
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Please bring a warm jacket, hiking shoes, a standard face mask and your camera