Mt. Batur: Black Lava Private Jeep Tour & Natural Hot Spring
Take a 4WD jeep on a private tour through Kintamani’s unique farming region, across the frozen lava fields of the 1843 and 1963 eruptions, then relax in natural healing hot springs.
About this activity
- Duration 8 hours
- Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide : English
- Booklets : English
- Pick-up service : Lobby of your hotel.
- Free cancellation up to 24 hours before activity starts
- Take a private tour in a jeep through Kintamani and learn about the biggest lava eruptions
- Feel like you are in different planet when you visit Lava Ball Point
- Be surrounded by world famous black Lava formations and witness the extraordinary view of an active volcano
- Complete your day with lunch and a long soak in the healing waters of Batur Natural Hot Spring
Meet your own private tour guide, a trained 4WD specialist, and climb aboard a custom-built, four-wheel drive vehicle. Your private guide is also a certified member of the Mount Batur Guide Association, so expect great stories about the history of the region, interesting information about the features of the landscape, all with a great sense of humor. You are in safe hands on this off-road adventure.
You will first visit Perapen Temple located south of Mount Batur then continue to explore Lava Ball Point. Hop out of the vehicle and feel the incredible Kintamani landscape surround you. You will find a large cave formed from a lava flow and you will wonder if you are on a different planet. Ask your guide why it is called a holy cave?
The second stop is the volcanic lava flow of 1964. How did it happen? Your tour guide has the answer. As the guide navigates the four-wheel drive vehicle through the lava fields to get there, you will witness the local farmers working in their small fields and vegetable gardens. Be surrounded by world famous black Lava formations and witness the extraordinary view of an active volcano in the distance. Incredible photo opportunities await.
To complete your day, stop for lunch and a long soak in the healing waters of Batur Natural Hot Spring. Enjoy the photographic panorama of beautiful Lake Batur from a completely different angle.
- Hotel transfer
- Private tour guide/driver
- Entrance Fees
- 4WD Jeep
Not suitable for
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
Know before you go
- It is recommended for you to wear comfortable clothing with a warm jacket, sturdy walking shoes or sport shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, and hat
- Do not forget to bring a change of clothes and swimming suit for the hotspring
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women
- Hotel transfer covers Nusa Dua, Jimbaran, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Tuban, Sanur, Canggu and Ubud areas